Donate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Seattle Pikes place market

Public Farmers Market Seattle Washington
Seattle Pikes Place Market at night

Where we stayed

We stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Now, this is not the cheapest hotel but it the prices for a room are reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area. We chose this location mainly because of the proximity to the Space Needle, Aquarium and of course, Pikes Place Market. 

Fish seller Seattle
Fresh Fish at Pikes Place Market

Pikes Place Market

I know the picture most people have of Pikes Place market of the guys throwing fish between each other. I sat for a while waiting for the opportunity but found that they only do that when fish are purchased and I missed that opportunity. There is so much more to the market then fish. Some of the things I found

1. Flowers
2. Magic shops
3. Art
4. Food
5. Leather items

I love this place. The only place that creeped me out, the gum wall. 
The Gum Wall
Seattle Gum Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment